Online video has gotten big – but seeing just how big it’s gotten may surprise you. And, it’s just going to continue growing! Here are 10 standout stats about online video that are bound to astound you.
- Approximately 340,000 years worth of online video are watched every day.
- 500 tweets every minute contain video links.
- 4 billion videos are watched every day.
- 68% of viewers share video links.
- Over 100 million people take social action on videos every week.
- Having a video on the landing page of your website makes it 53% more likely to show up on the first page of a Google search.
- The average user’s visit to a text and image-based website lasts only 43 seconds; for a website with video, the average visit lasts 5 minutes and 50 seconds (88% more engagement).
- Customers that watch videos of products or services are 85% more likely to make a purchase (Making video 6 times more effective than print and direct mail).
- Video and email marketing can increase click-through rates by more than 90%.
- 37% of total Internet usage is video streaming.
There you have it. Online video is clearly taking over and becoming an integral part of our lives. In just a year, these stats will surely have skyrocketed, so stay tuned!
Want to hear what one of TIME Magazine’s most influential people in the world has to say about how video has changed the way we learn and will change the way we work? Register for this FREE webinar!