Video is one of, if not the most, engaging and effective forms of communication today. With businesses both large and small implementing internal video strategies, 2016 will undeniably bring us an even more impressive list of online video statistics. Here are 8 key enterprise video statistics to help you get your company in great shape for the upcoming year!
- A typical employee watches seven hours of work-related video and generates 2.9 hours of video each month.
- 44% of executives somewhat or strongly agree that video will be the de facto form of communication in their organization in the next 5 years.
- 87% of executives believe video has a significant and positive impact on an organization, citing benefits ranging from enhancing the experience of telecommuters to saving money on travel costs and even attracting top talent.
- 4% of enterprise executives believe external video is important or most important for their external communications and 46.5% believe the same when it comes to internal communications.
- Three out of four employees under the age of 40 regularly watch video on a mobile device.
- 35% of viewers are watching more video on their smartphones compared to last year and over a third of those surveyed are watching mobile video content that lasts five minutes or longer at least once a day.
- 76% of people claim that they currently use video solutions at work.
- By 2016, 98% of organizations are predicted to use video as part of their digital learning strategy.
If you’re already implementing any of these video strategies in your organization, that means you’re a forward thinker who understands how essential enterprise video is today. Things like Internal communications via video and e-Learning are setting companies apart from their competitors and, ultimately, enhancing business. These 8 crucial stats should give you a good picture of what it takes to stand out, effectively engage, and broaden your reach. Seize the opportunity to go above and beyond and the returns will be significant!
Want more key insights to help you plan for 2016? Check out this free on-demand webinar to learn about the new era of video in business!