Countless reports, surveys, and studies have shown that the e-Learning industry isn’t showing any signs of slowing down. In fact, an increasing number of individuals, corporations, and institutions are turning to e-learning due to its effectiveness and its convenience. We’ve pulled together some of the top e-learning statistics available to help illuminate how critically important it is. As, an e-learning professional, here are the top statistics you need to know!
- The number of learning technologies available has doubled in the last five years.
- 42% of leading learning companies say online learning has led to an increase in revenue.
- 81% of learners are responsible for managing their own personal development.
- 91% of Learning and Development (L&D) leaders think learning technologies should enable a quicker response to changing business conditions and organizational change.
- 3/5 of organizations cannot implement a technology that enables learning strategy due to lack of skills.
- Only 49% of organizations have the Instructional Design skills they need.
- By 2016, 98% of organizations are predicted to use video as part of their digital learning strategy.
- This year alone, 50% of organizations use “gamification”—including game strategies and complex simulations—as part of their e-learning.
- 35% of viewers are watching more video on their smartphones compared to last year (ReelSeo).
- And, 74% of people use mobile devices for e-learning.
- Learning companies are 33% more likely to use more varied and interesting media in their e-learning design.
- Learning companies are twice as likely to encourage knowledge sharing and create knowledge repositories.
- The compound annual growth rate of the worldwide self-paced e-Learning market is 4% and is set to be worth $53 billion by 2018.
- By 2019, 50% of all classes will be delivered online. (The E-Learning Revolution)
[Source: Unless otherwise noted, all statistics attributed to Ambient Insight 2012-2017 Worldwide Mobile Learning Market.]
So, if you found these e-learning stats eye-opening, it is time to jump on board the learning revolution and take advantage of this proven method to boost your knowledge and your business!
Learn more about how to integrate video learning into your organization, today!