Chief information officers (CIOs), or information technology directors, have a tough job when it comes to managing their teams and developing their enterprise software strategies.
As technology use becomes increasingly complex for businesses, it’s important for CIOs to stay on top of the latest trends in enterprise software. One of the best ways to do this is by regularly reading a few key blogs that will keep CIOs up-to-date on new software, trends, and insight into the world of enterprise software.
Check out our picks for the top 25 blogs every chief information officer should read:
1. Enterprise Security Trends includes insightful thoughts and discussions with bloggers from tech giant HP, so you know you’re getting information from the best of the best. The blog includes posts on topics such as IT concerns for various industries, management, security, cyber security, cloud computing, and more. Congratulate Enterprise Security Trends on Twitter.
2. Chuck’s Blog is run by Chuck Hollis, the Vice President of Global Marketing for the EMC Corporation, a leader in cloud computing services. The blog was listed in Biz Tech Magazine’s “50 Must-Read IT Blogs” for its insight on information, technology, and customer challenges. Congratulate Chuck Hollis on Twitter.
3. Data Center Knowledge was recommended as a must-read blog by Web Host Industry Review. Readers can browse the site by company, white papers, regions, sectors, or jobs, along with a few other categories, to get the information quickly on cloud computing, enterprise technologies, and general technology trends. Congratulate Data Center Knowledge on Twitter.
4. Open Port IT Community is an open forum featuring posts about all things IT, social media, mobile, enterprise software, marketing, and more. The blog is very interactive and includes insights from a variety of contributing professionals. Congratulate the Open Port IT Community on Twitter.
5. InfoWorld Tech Watch features insight on current tech news trends from InfoWorld, a leading source of information when it comes to enterprise technology trends for businesses. Congratulate InfoWorld Tech Watch on Twitter.
6. TechNewsWorld focuses on tech developments and trends with insightful analysis on all things tech, from mobile devices to tech giants and everything in between. Congratulate TechNewsWorld on Twitter.
7. Cloud Computing is the blog of David Linthicum, the CTO and founder of Blue Mountain Labs, a cloud development and advisory company. His blog primarily covers issues in cloud computing and other enterprise technologies. Congratulate David and InfoWorld on Twitter.
8. NASA CIO Blog comes from another big-name organization, and features posts on CIO leadership, innovation, and other trends. The blog is authored by NASA’s CIO, Linda Cureton. Congratulate Linda and NASA on Twitter.
9. Five Nines: The Next Gen Datacenter was also recognized as a top IT blog by Biz Tech Magazine. The blog carries insight from David Chernicoff, a tech veteran who writes about green IT, server consolidation and virtualization, and the latest hardware advances. Congratulate David and ZDNet on Twitter.
10. Forrester Research focuses on trends and the best practices impacting information management. The blog also features posts from a variety of IT professionals. Congratulate Forrester and ZDNet on Twitter.
11. Cliff Saran’s Enterprise blog focuses on strategies for CIOs and is dedicated to “unraveling hype” in the IT industry to get down to the most important strategies for company leaders. Congratulate Cliff and Computer Weekly on Twitter.
12. Tech Republic IT Leadership Blog features commentary on some of the most pressing issues facing CIOs today, and includes live webcasts, white papers, and other downloads. Congratulate Tech Republic on Twitter.
13. CIO Leadership includes posts from various technology professionals and features a high level of commentary and interactivity from readers. The sight provides insight into CIO leadership and tech challenges. Congratulate CIO Leadership on Twitter.
14. Michael Friedenberg’s blog on CIO.com features posts from Michael Friedenberg, president and CEO of IDG Enterprise, the publisher of various computer resource magazines such as “CIO” and “Darwin.” His posts offer relevant leadership tips and insight as well as discussion of issuing plaguing the industry. Congratulate Michael and CIO on Twitter.
15. The Forrester Blog for Chief Information Officers rolls up all posts from analysts who serve as Chief Information Officers, creating a valuable database of knowledge and insight for all IT professionals who are interested in a CIO’s perspective on industry trends, leadership, and tech market news. Congratulate Forrester on Twitter.
16. CIO Agenda is the blog of ATOS, an international information technology company. The blog features tips and insight from various contributors on IT leadership, cloud computing, security, sustainability, and more. Congratulate ATOS on Twitter.
17. Office of the CIO Blog comes from technology game changers at Microsoft, and focuses on the ways IT is handled at the giant tech company. The blog features posts from company leaders and staff members with a focus on decision making and business-to-IT alignment. Congratulate Microsoft on Twitter.
18. Andrea Di Maio’s Blog features insight from Andrea Di Maio, a vice president and distinguished analyst in Gartner Research. He focuses on the public sector, in particular e-government strategies, Web 2.0, the business value of IT, and open-source software. Congratulate Andrea and Gartner on Twitter.
19. Absolute Software Blog, also included in Biz Tech Magazine’s list of top IT blogs, is devoted to laptop security news, IT asset management processes and policies, and news about security changes for businesses, government workers, or educators. Arieanna Schweber, a marketing consultant and professional blogger, authors the blog. Congratulate Absolute Software on Twitter.
20. Capping IT Off has been continually nominated for awards in the IT blogging space. Capping IT Off is the product of Capgemini, an IT services and business consulting company, and it offers insight into dealing with big data, utilizing digital strategies, and managing your business. Congratulate Capgemini on Twitter.
21. CIO Network, a Forbes blog, provides insight and ideas regarding current IT trends that are affecting business strategies. The blog features nearly 20 contributors sharing news on software, hardware, computing, and outsourcing. Congratulate Forbes and CIO Network on Twitter.
22. IT Best Practices Alert offers a CIO-level business angle on the latest technology trends. The blog by NetworkWorld, offers a newsletter and videos to keep you in the loop. Congratulate NetworkWorld on Twitter.
23. Succeeding in Consumerization of IT focuses on enterprise IT and software and is written by Curt Finch, the CEO of Journyx, a financial and employee management system. Congratulate Curt and CIO on Twitter.
24. Mark McDonald’s Blog is authored by Mark McDonald, Ph.D., a group vice president and head of research in Gartner Executive Programs. He focuses on issues related to CIOs and the business of information technology in general. Congratulate Mark and Gartner on Twitter.
25. CIO Report comes by way of the Wall Street Journal and includes broad posts on technology, innovation, and trends. It’s dedicated to helping CIOs “connect the dots between technology trends and business strategy.” Congratulate the WSJ on Twitter.
Chief Information Officers have a duty to follow the latest news, trends, and insights facing their industry and profession. These blogs are a good place for CIOs to start when it comes to staying up-to-date. Are there others you would add to the list? Share your thoughts in a comment below!
Claim your badge! Copy and paste the snippet of HTML code from the text box below into your blog’s sidebar!
1 2 3
<p><a href="http://kzoinnovations.com/?p=5464&utm_campaign=Top-25-CIO-Blogs"> <img title="KZO Top 25 CIO Blogs" alt="KZO Top 25 CIO Blogs" src="http://kzoinnovations.com/wp-content/uploads/Top25-CIO-300x300.png" width="150px" height="150px" /> </a></p>